This guide works for following devices running iOS 4.0.2/3.2.2
- iPhone 4 & iPhone 3GS
- iPad 2 & iPad 1
- iPod Touch 2G & later
If you want to jailbreak your device with this guide, make sure your device and its iOS version are in the list above. [Read: How to Check the iOS version of Your iDevice]
It does NOT support any other iOS version or iOS devices that are not listed above!!!
Notice: If you already made a backup of your device or don’t want to back up it, please skip the first 2 steps below and download jailbreaking tool directly.
However, the backup is always suggested in case you lose important information during jailbreaking.
Step 1: Download latest iTunes HERE
You can skip this step if you already have iTunes installed.
Step 2: Back up your device:
- Plug into your device and launch iTunes
- Right click the device name in the sidebar list
- Select Back Up and wait for the sync to finish
Download jailbreaking tools:
Ready to Go!
Step 1: Unzip the file you download and double click to run Limera1n
Step 2: Enable DFU mode
- Make sure your iDevice has been PLUGGED to the computer, and click "make it ra1n" button
- Limera1n will tell you that the device is booting into Recovery Mode. Check your iDevice’s screen and it should TURN OFF and then show an iTunes logo with cable, indicating it is in Recovery Mode.
- Press both "Power" and "Home" buttons, then release "Power" button by following the instructions shown on Limera1n.
- After this, your iDevice is in DFU mode.
Step 3: Start jailbreaking
- After a few seconds since your device go into DFU mode, Limera1n displays a success message, click "OK".
- Your iDevice will reboot automatically, and a new icon on the SpringBoard entitled Limera1n. (NOTE: The icon might appear blank but there is nothing to worry.)
- Open Limera1n on your iDevice, select Cydia, tap on "Install" button at the top right of the screen. It will start downloading Cydia and then respring.
- After respring, the Cydia installation has been completed. Then Reboot your iDevice.
After reboot, you can see the Cydia icon on your iDevice’s screen. Your iDevice is now successfully jailbroken!