This iOS 6 untethered jailbreak guide works for all iPhone, iPad, iPod Touch and iPad Mini running iOS 6.0 through 6.1.2:
- iPhone 5, iPhone 4S, iPhone 4, iPhone 3GS
- iPad Mini, iPad with Retina display, The New iPad, iPad 2
- iPod Touch 5th, iPod Touch 4th
As a foolproof jailbreaking way, it is from evad3rs and will help you remove Apple’s limitations on your iOS device easily.
Notice: If you already made a backup for your device or don’t want to back up it, please skip the first 2 steps below and download jailbreaking tool directly. However, the backup is always suggested in case you lose important information during jailbreaking.
Step 1: Download latest iTunes HERE
Step 2: Back up your device:
- Plug into your device and launch iTunes
- Right click the device name in the sidebar list
- Select Back Up and wait for the sync to finish
Download jailbreaking tool:
- Please go to Settings – General – Passcode Lock and turn it off.
- Please be patient when evasi0n is jailbreaking your device. DO NOT try to open iTunes or Xcode or it may run into errors.
- If it gets stuck during the jailbreaking process, please reboot your device and restart the jailbreaking directly.
Ready to Go!
Step 1. Open the jailbreaking tool you downloaded and plug in the iOS device you wish to jailbreak.
Step 2. Click "Jailbreak" button and wait for evasi0n to process the jailbreaking. This may take a few minutes, and please be patient.
Step 3. When the process has completed, you will see a screen asking you to unlock your device. Please unlock and and tap the new added "Jailbreak" app icon on your Home screen JUST ONCE.
Step 4. Wait till you see the "Jailbreak complete!" message on the evasi0n tool, and now your device will reboot. Please notice it may reboot for several times to swipe over all the pages of your Home screen if you have lots of apps, so please be patient.
When you finally see the Cydia icon, your iOS device is successfully jailbroken. Now you can launch Cydia to personalize your iOS device by installing different extensions, apps and themes.
Trouble Shooting: If you run into error code 20, 21, 34, 37, please firstly turn off or quit your Anti-virus and try again.
Notices for USA users: It is perfectly legal to jailbreak your iPhone. However, jailbreaking your iPod Touch, iPad, or iPad Mini may lead to falling into a grey area of the law.