This guide works for following devices:
- iPhone 4 and iPhone 3GS running iOS 4.3 to 4.3.3 (Verizon 4.2.6 to 4.2.8)
- iPad 2 running iOS 4.3.3
- iPad 1 running iOS 4.3 to 4.3.3
- iPod Touch 3G running iOS 4.3 to 4.3.3
- iPod Touch 4G running iOS 4.3 to 4.3.3
If you would like to jailbreak your device with this guide, make sure your device and its iOS version are in the list. [Read: How to Check the iOS version of Your iDevice]
It does NOT support any other iOS version or iOS devices that are not listed above!!!
Notice: If you already made a backup of your device or don’t want to back up it, please skip the first 2 steps below and download jailbreaking tool directly. However, the backup is always suggested in case you lose important information during jailbreaking.
Step 1: Download latest iTunes HERE
You can skip this step if you already have iTunes installed.
Step 2: Back up your device:
- Plug into your device and launch iTunes
- Right click the device name in the sidebar list
- Select Back Up and wait for the sync to finish
Ready to Go!
- Tap on Safari and launch it.
- Enter www.jailbreakme.com in the address bar and visit it
- Tap the button (at the top) beside Cydia that says "Free"
- Tap on "Install" and start the jailbreak
- Wait for a moment until Cydia is being installed
It is done when Cydia is installed. Now you can launch Cydia and start the wonderful trip of endless useful apps!