This iOS 7 untethered jailbreak guide works for all iPhone, iPad, iPod Touch and iPad Mini running iOS 7:
- iPhone 5S, iPhone 5C, iPhone 5, iPhone 4S, iPhone 4
- iPad 4, iPad Mini, iPad with Retina display, iPad 2
- iPod Touch 5th
As a foolproof jailbreaking way, it is from evad3rs and will help you remove Apple’s limitations on your iOS device easily.
Notice: If you already made a backup for your device or don’t want to back up it, please skip the first 2 steps below and download jailbreaking tool directly. However, the backup is always suggested in case you lose important information during jailbreaking.
Step 1: Download latest iTunes HERE
Step 2: Back up your device:
- Plug into your device and launch iTunes
- Click your device on the upper right corner
- Click Back Up Now and wait for the sync to finish
Download jailbreaking tool:
- It is suggested to restore your device to iOS 7.0.4 WITH ITUNES first. OTA Update may make the jailbreak fail.
- Please go to Settings – General – Passcode Lock and turn it off.
- Please be patient when evasi0n is jailbreaking your device. DO NOT try to open iTunes or Xcode or it may run into errors.
Ready to Go!
Step 1. Open evasi0n 7 downloaded and plug in the iOS device you want to jailbreak.
Step 2. Click “Jailbreak” button and wait for the jailbreak process to complete
Step 3. When the process completes, please unlock and and tap “Jailbreak” app icon on your Home screen JUST ONCE.
Step 4. When you see the “Done!” message on evasi0n, your device will reboot for several times, please wait and be patient.
When you finally see the Cydia icon, your iOS device is successfully jailbroken. Now you can launch Cydia to personalize your iOS device by installing different extensions, apps and themes.
If the jailbreak process stucks on somewhere, please try to re-open evasi0n, reboot the device (Hold Power and Home until it shuts down), and restart the jailbreak process.
Notices for USA users:
It is perfectly legal to jailbreak your iPhone. However, jailbreaking your iPod Touch, iPad, or iPad Mini may lead to falling into a grey area of the law.