Here’s how to use Checkra1n to jailbreak iOS 14.5~ iOS 14.5.1 on a handful of older Apple devices.
Jailbreak Compatible Devices:
- iPhone 6s, 6s Plus, and SE
- iPad 5th generation
- iPad Air 2
- iPad mini 4
- iPad Pro 1st generation
Preparations Before Jailbreaking:
- Delete any iOS 14.5 ~ iOS 14.5.1 OTA update file from Settings > Storage and reboot your device before attempting to jailbreak it.
- A computer running macOS.
- The latest version of iTunes installed if using a Mac running anything prior to macOS Catalina.
- Make sure to create a backup of all important data on your device before proceeding with the jailbreaking steps.
Processes of Checkra1n Jailbreak
Head over to checkra.in
and download the latest version of the Checkra1n app for your Mac.
Locate the DMG file that you just downloaded from the website and install it into your /Applications folder on the Mac.
If Apple’s security settings don’t allow your Mac to open the app, you will need to follow the steps below. If everything opens without any issues, you can then skip and move on to step 4:
- Head into the System Preferences app and select the Security & Privacy option.
- Select “Open Anyway” followed by “Open” and enter your administrator password when prompted.
- Try to run the Checkra1n app again, and you shouldn’t have any issues.
Launch the Checkra1n app. Open the Checkra1n Options and check the “Allow untested iOS/iPadOS/tvOS versions
” option. Now, select Back.
Connect your device via the provided Lightning cable and then click the Start
button and select OK
. Make sure that the Checkra1n app continues to run without any interruption.
” and then follow the instructions that the Checkra1n app provides to you. Following these steps will result in your device getting put into DFU Mode.
As soon as DFU Mode is activated and detected, Checkra1n will detect the device and start the jailbreak process. This will involve your iPhone or iPad rebooting a few times, so keep in mind that this is normal and is a required part of this process.