Here’s how to use checkra1n to jailbreak iOS 13.5.1 ~ 13.7 for all types of Apple users from A5 to A11.
Jailbreak Compatible Devices:
- iPhone 6s
- iPhone 6s Plus
- iPhone 7
- iPhone 7 Plus
- iPhone SE
- iPhone 8
- iPhone 8 Plus
- iPhone X
- iPad Air 2
- iPad Air 3
- iPad Pro
- iPad mini 4
Preparations Before Jailbreaking:
- Delete any iOS 13.5.1 ~ 13.7 OTA update file from Settings > Storage and reboot your device before attempting to jailbreak it.
- A computer running macOS.
- The latest version of iTunes installed if using a Mac running anything prior to macOS Catalina.
- Make sure to create a backup of all important data on your device before proceeding with the jailbreaking steps.
Processes of Checkra1n Jailbreak
Head over to the checkra1n website and download the latest version of the jailbreak on your Mac.
Once downloaded, open the checkra1n dmg file, drag the app into your Applications folder and run it.
If you receive an error suggesting that the app is not supported or trusted, follow these steps, otherwise skip to step 4:
- Open System Preferences and click Security & Privacy.
- Click Open Anyway followed by Open and enter your password when prompted.
- Now try running the checkra1n app again, and it should work as intended.
With the app now running, connect your iPhone to your Mac using an official Apple Lightning cable.
Head to Options and check the “Allow untested iOS/iPadOS/tvOS versions” option. Once done, click Back.
Now click the Start button in the checkra1n app, followed by OK to confirm.
Click Next and from there onward, simply follow the on-screen instructions shown in the checkra1n app. This will put your iPhone into DFU mode.
Once in DFU mode, the cheakra1n app will begin to jailbreak your phone, and once the process completes, your iPhone will restart.
Go ahead and unplug your iPhone, launch the checkra1n app on your iPhone, and tap Cydia to install the store. Simply tap Install Cydia to complete the installation process.