Here’s how to use Checkra1n to jailbreak iOS 14.6 on a handful of older Apple devices.
Jailbreak Compatible Devices:
- iPhone 6s, 6s Plus, and SE
- iPad 5th generation
- iPad Air 2
- iPad mini 4
- iPad Pro 1st generation
Preparations Before Jailbreaking:
- Delete any iOS 14.6 OTA update file from Settings > Storage and reboot your device before attempting to jailbreak it.
- A computer running macOS.
- The latest version of iTunes installed if using a Mac running anything prior to macOS Catalina.
- Make sure to create a backup of all important data on your device before proceeding with the jailbreaking steps.
Jump on over to checkra.in
and download the latest version of the Checkra1n app for your Mac machine.
Find the downloaded DMG file and install it on your /Applications
folder on the Mac.
If Apple’s built-in security settings won’t allow your Mac to open the app you will need to follow the steps below. If everything opens without any issues you can then skip and move on to step 4:
- Head into the System Preferences app and select the Security & Privacy option.
- Select “Open Anyway” followed by “Open” and enter your administrator password when prompted.
- Try to run the Checkra1n app again and you shouldn’t have any issues.
Launch the Checkra1n app that you have previously installed. Head into the Checkra1n Options and check the “Allow untested iOS/iPadOS/tvOS versions
” option. Now, select Back
Connect your device to the Mac using the provided Lightning cable and then click the Start
button and select OK
and then follow the instructions that the Checkra1n app provides to you to get your device into DFU mode.
As soon as DFU Mode is activated and detected, Checkra1n will detect the device and start the jailbreak process. This will restart your iPhone/iPad several times, so please keep in mind that this is normal and is a required part of this process.