Here’s how to use the very popular Checkra1n to jailbreak iOS 14.7 ~ iOS 14.7.1 on some older Apple devices.
Jailbreak Compatible Devices:
- iPhone 6s, 6s Plus, and SE
- iPad 5th generation
- iPad Air 2
- iPad mini 4
- iPad Pro 1st generation
Preparations Before Jailbreaking:
- Delete any iOS 14.7 ~ iOS 14.7.1 OTA update file from Settings > Storage and reboot your device before attempting to jailbreak it.
- A computer running macOS.
- The latest version of iTunes installed if using a Mac running anything prior to macOS Catalina.
- Make sure to create a backup of all important data on your device before proceeding with the jailbreaking steps.
Open your browser and visit checkra.in
and download the latest version of the Checkra1n app for your Mac computer.
Take the downloaded DMG file and install the checka1n app to your /Applications
If the built-in macOS security settings do not allow your Mac to open the app, you need to follow the steps below. If everything opens without any problems, you can skip and continue to step 4:
- Head into the System Preferences app and select the Security & Privacy option.
- Select “Open Anyway” followed by “Open” and enter your administrator password when prompted.
- Try to run the Checkra1n app again and you shouldn’t have any issues.
Launch the Checkra1n app from your /Applications
folder. Enter the Checkra1n option and check the “Allow untested iOS/iPadOS/tvOS version
” option. Now, choose Back
Connect your device to your Mac with the necessary cables, and click the “Start
” option. Select “OK
” and pay attention to the Checkra1n app.
” and follow the instructions provided to you by the Checkra1n app to put your device into DFU mode.
Once the DFU mode is activated and detected, Checkra1n will detect the device and start the jailbreak process. This will restart your iPhone multiple times, so keep in mind that this is normal and is a required part of this process.